Sunday 13 August 2017

Christmas is coming........

It seems weird to be thinking about Christmas in the middle of summer, but the arrival of the Avery Elle release this week reminded me that I never start making my cards early enough so I thought I'd make a couple to get my 2017 collection started using Merry Florals.

I love kraft for Christmas cards so started with a sheet of that and some embossing powders.  For the first look I went full on traditional festive and painted the gold embossed image with Gansai Tambi regular colours mixed with a little gold from the starry colours sets for extra festive shine.  I die cut the panel with Stitched Mini Scalloped Rectangles and used a copic marker to colour the frame.


Whist I had the image out I decided to switch up the embossing powder to the rose gold version and decided to just let the outline sing.  The first card was pretty quick to make but this one was quicker still - handy if you want to knock up a batch in a hurry to build up your stocks.   Just simply die cut with a stitched die and added a pearly green mat to add contract - the green and peach is a classy Christmas colour combo with a modern feel don't you think?




NEWS FROM THE STORE

  • We should get the new release from Concord and 9th early this week.
  • We will also have a small Christmas papers release from My Minds Eye.
  • We are still waiting on news of the arrival date for Hero Arts Winter release - hoping it will be here before the end of the month but as yet have no confirmed date.

That's all for this week folks - happy crafting and I'll catch you on the flip side.

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team