Friday 5 May 2017

Are you ready for this jelly?

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week, I don't think you're ready for this jelly ;) ...


...as I bring you a whole load of nice and bright jellyfish using Lawn Fawn's So Jelly set.


I love Lawn Fawn's little mini sets, it never ceases to amaze me how you can make such big scenes with these tiny little sets that, let's face it, cost so little.  Just amazing.
I started by making up a load of masks for the jellyfish and one for the starfish so they were ready to go.  I then went to town on my stamping.  I started with the starfish in the middle, then stamped a ton of jellyfish all around and behind him, heat embossing each one as I went which, yes, was a little fiddly and time consuming, but:  
a)It stops the risk of getting ink all over, and 
b)I knew I wanted to watercolour my images and I find it much easier when the lines are embossed.


Once all my stamping was complete and embossed, I went to town with the colouring using Distress Ink as waterolour.  Once my shoal of cuteness was coloured, I took a few different blues and coloured my back ground,  I really wanted my main images to 'pop' so summoned my inner Kelly Latevola and outlined my images with a grey marker to intensify the shading.


I finished my background by adding a few flicks and splashes for added interest.  I then stamped out, coloured and fussy-cut another starfish image, and added over the top of my scene using foam tape to help it jump from the shoal and the rest of the card.
My sentiment is from the same adorable So Jelly set and is stamped onto vellum and heat embossed in white.  I wrapped my vellum panel around the card so it could be adhered at the back.
I then mounted my piece onto a grey card blank, embellished with a scattering of sequins, and there you have it.


I really hope you like it.
As always, everything I used is linked below.

See you next week.
Jillx


So Jelly Image 1









2 comments:

  1. Jill, this is SO adorable! I love it! Those little jellyfish and the gorgeous watercolouring... it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet and love the colours !x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team